Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions tell you the terms and conditions upon which Studio50 Makeup School supply our services to you as listed on our website www.studio50-makeupschool.com or as discussed with you on the telephone. These terms form the basis of the agreement between You and Us. You should understand that by ordering any of our services and products, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- All COURSE fees must be paid in full when a course is booked by you through our website’s e-commerce facility. You will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your payment. We will confirm your enrolment by debiting the fees from your credit/debit card. The contract between us will only be formed when we have received payment, in full, of the course fees.
- The price of courses and additional products or any additional services we offer are clearly detailed on our website and are inclusive of United Kingdom VAT at the current rate.
- Course fees can also be paid with an initial deposit payment of a minimum 20 percent of the course fee and a subsequent balance payment to be made no less than 15 calendar days prior to the course commencement date. In this case the contract between us will only be formed when we have received payment of the deposit and by means of a written agreement stating the amount of deposit paid and the final balance payment.Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
- Applicants can only request one change of commencement date for the same course they registered in, providing that the course has been paid in full and that no less than 30 calendar days notice is given
- Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through events outside our control (“Force Majeure Event”) or a terrorist act. If we reasonably decide that we are unable to complete the course due to a Force Majeure Event we shall be entitled to immediately terminate the contract between us.
- Cancellations must be made by you in person or by e-mail (‘Cancellation Notice’). You are responsible to ensure that your Cancellation Notice has been safely received and replied to. Our e-mail address is [email protected]
- Your have the right to cancel the purchase of a course within 14 calendar days from receiving the confirmation of purchase. We will refund your payment within 14 calendar days of receipt of your Cancellation Notice.
- Payment of the course fees will not be refunded if cancellations are made after the 14 calendar days from receipt of the confirmation of purchase.
- If a registration is cancelled less than 15 calendar days prior to the start date, no deposit will be refunded.
- Should You fail to attend a confirmed course or complete a course for any reason (such as illness, personal problems, change of location, transport issues, pregnancy, etc) – unless the course is cancelled by us because of events outside our control – your fees will not be refunded and you will not be entitled to transfer your fees to any other future course.
- You will not be accepted on the commencement date of the course unless full payment of the course fees has been made.
- Course fees and other payments are non-transferable to other applicants without written permission of the course Administrator.
- We reserve the right to re-schedule the courses and no refund will be payable.
- Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for late students. Late students may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the course Administrator without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to withhold certification to students who fail to attend classes regularly or fail to achieve the minimum standard of learning required.
- Time off for religious holidays, booked holidays, planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed andagreed with the course Administrator before registration. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
- Students must notify us of any medical conditions or special requirements they may have prior to the course’s commencement date.
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- It is not the responsibility of the School or individual tutors to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on course modules missed due to lateness or absenteeism regardless of any reasons.
- If a student behaves improperly on the School’s premises, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School will be asked to leave immediately and fees will not be refunded.
The Data Controller is Studio50 Makeup School. Queries relating to the use of Your information by Us should be addressed to Data Protection Officer at Studio50 Makeup School, Unit 29, Art Works Elephants, 17A Elephant Road London, SE17 1AY.
- You have provided Us with information about You. We may receive information about You from third parties (e.g. credit card companies) or collect it from e-mails/letters, which You send to Us.
- The information provided by You will enable Us to provide You with Our Services, bill You and contact You where necessary concerning Your course. We will also use and analyse the information collected to enable Us to administer, support, improve and develop Our business.
- If You have consented, We may also use Your information to let You know about other services that We offer including make up courses and make up products and equipment.
- We may also use Your information to recover debts. We may pass on details of defaulting accounts to debt collection agencies. Information about You and those with whom You are financially linked will be used to verify Your identity.
- The information that You provide to Us may be accessed by or given to Our staff working outside the UK and third parties including companies who act for Us or for other purposes You approve. Those parties process information or credit card payments and provide support services on Our behalf.
- If Our business enters into a joint venture, is sold or merges with another business entity, Your information may be disclosed to Our new business partners, owners and their professional advisors. We will always take steps to ensure that Your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
- We will retain information about You for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- You are entitled to see the information held about You and to ask Us to make changes to ensure its accuracy. Changes to the way We use Your information will be posted to Our Site. If You do not object to the change within 60 days, then You consent to that change.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Our liability for losses You suffer as a result of Us breaking this Contract is strictly limited to the sum total of the fees and the purchase price of any product that You purchased.
- This does not include or limit in any way Our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by Our negligence;
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for Us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, Our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by You and Us (such as loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time) however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- THIS CLAUSE DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER, NOR DOES IT AFFECT YOUR CONTRACT CANCELLATION RIGHTS.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications We send to You should be in writing. When using Our Site, You accept that communication with Us will be mainly electronic. We will contact You by e-mail or provide You with information by posting notices on Our Site. For contractual purposes, You agree to this electronic means of communication and You acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that We provide to You electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This clause does not affect Your statutory rights.
- All notices given by You to Us must be given to Studio50 Makeup School, Unit 29, Art Works Elephants, 17A Elephant Road London, SE17 1AY. We may give notice to You at either the e-mail or postal address You provide to Us when booking a course, or in any of the ways specified in clause 19.1 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on Our Site, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- The Contract between You and Us is binding on You and Us and on Our respective successors and assigns. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of Our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
- If We fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of Your obligations under the Contract or any of these Terms, or if We fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which We are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve You from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by Us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by Us of any of these Terms shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to You in writing in accordance with clause 19.2 above.
- If any of these Terms or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions, clauses and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We intend to rely upon these Terms and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While We accept responsibility for statements and representations made by Our duly authorised agents, representatives and employees please make sure You ask for any variations from these Terms to be confirmed in writing.
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting Our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in Our system’s capabilities.
- You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that You book a course with Us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to courses previously booked by You), or if We notify You of the change to those policies or these Terms before Confirmation (in which case We have the right to assume that You have accepted the change to the Terms, unless You notify Us to the contrary within seven working days of the Confirmation)
- The Contract will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contract shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Studio50 Makeup School is a trading name for STUDIO 50 LONDON MAKE UP SCHOOL LIMITED – Registered in England and Wales – Company Number 10993206